27 Apr Hamilton Homeownership Down Payment Assistance Program
Hamilton Homeownership Down Payment Assistance Program
The Hamilton homeownership down payment assistance program is to assist renters with a low to moderate income with a downpayment for a home.
To be eligible, applicants:
- Must be over the age of 18
- Have been renting in the City of Hamilton for at least the last 6 months
- Do not currently own a home or property
- Be a legal resident of Canada and intend to have this home as their one and only residence
- Qualify for a mortgage with a maximum home price of $375,000 (verification from a federally recognized bank or credit union)
- Have a combined maximum gross income of $80,000 annual income of all members of the household
- Do not have, and are not in a spousal relationship, including a same-sex spousal relationship with a person that has, any form of interest in ownership of a property
- Students are not eligible to apply for this program
Applications are accepted at the Housing Services office at 181 Main Street West, 3rd Floor, Hamilton, ON L8P 4S1.
For more information please contact the Housing Administration Clerk: 905-546-2424 ext 1554.
Send me a message so I can assist with your search for a home that fits your needs.